- You will need to choose lighting that is specifically designed for bathroom use, and consult an electrician when planning to make sure you follow regulations if you want to move/add light fixtures.
- Most bathroom lighting is fitted, so once installed it can’t be easily moved.
- Make sure you are happy with the places you’ve picked for you lighting before installation starts.
- There are areas in a bathroom you may wish to consider additional lighting. For example, around a basin or a mirror, as these are places you will use for shaving, applying make-up etc.
- You can also purchase wall mounted mirror cabinets that have an integrated light.
Lighting in the bathroom is essential. Regulations are stringent as to which lights you can use in a bathroom. To complicate matters, bathrooms have different zones, which determine what type of light you may use. Light fittings that are used in a bathroom are IP rated. Always check with a qualified electrician before installation.
Need more advice and expertise on your bathroom designs? Visit our Bristol Bathroom Showroom where our experts can help you create your new bespoke bathroom with our Planning & Design Service
Get in Touch