Bathroom Lighting Buying Guide
Browse the different bathroom lighting options open to you
Lighting can create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere for a relaxing bathroom. There are many types of lighting suitable for a bathroom, including ceiling lights, hung and spotlights, LED cabinet lighting to illuminate the cabinet recesses, flexible strip lighting and wall hung lights.
- You will need to choose lighting that is specifically designed for bathroom use, and consult an electrician when planning to make sure you follow regulations if you want to move/add light fixtures.
- Most bathroom lighting is fitted, so once installed it can’t be easily moved.
- Make sure you are happy with the places you’ve picked for you lighting before installation starts.
- There are areas in a bathroom you may wish to consider additional lighting. For example, around a basin or a mirror, as these are places you will use for shaving, applying make-up etc.
- You can also purchase wall mounted mirror cabinets that have an integrated light.
Lighting in the bathroom is essential. Regulations are stringent as to which lights you can use in a bathroom. To complicate matters, bathrooms have different zones, which determine what type of light you may use. Light fittings that are used in a bathroom are IP rated. Always check with a qualified electrician before installation.
Bathroom Heating Buyer Guide
Read about all the different heating options that are open to you to create a really luxurious space in your home…More
For more information about installing electrics etc. everything that you need to know is here…More