Our Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner
How to use the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner
Hire Prices for the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner
24 hour rental – £22.99
48 hour rental – £28.99
£20.00 deposit refunded on safe return of Rug Doctor machine.
We inspect every machine on rental and return to ensure cleanliness and quality.
ID may be required for rental.
Call us for more details on 01285 626 448
How the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner Works
You will need…
A Rug Doctor machine
A bottle of Rug Doctor carpet detergent
The Rug Doctor is designed to deep clean your carpets and siphon the waste water in one smooth action.
Before you start
Before using the Rug Doctor machine the area should be vacuumed to remove surface dirt. This will also allow you to see clearly any problem areas. For example, high traffic areas like hallways may benefit from pre-treatment with the Rug Doctor High Foot Traffic Cleaner spray. This will loosen any build up in the carpet making for an easier clean.
How to clean your carpets using the Rug Doctor carpet cleaner
- Remove white recovery tank by unclipping wire retaining handle.
- Pour 150ml of Rug Doctor carpet detergent directly into the red base tank.
- Using your bucket, fill the red base tank to half way up the filter screen using hand hot water. Use lukewarm water for wool carpets.
- Replace white recovery tank ensuring the seal is flush and pull the wire back over the dome until it snaps shut.
- Pull the handle release lever to adjust the handle to the most comfortable height.
- Position yourself at one end of the room you wish to clean, leaving room to move backwards with the carpet cleaner.
- Set the white switch to “Carpet Cleaning” and the vacuum switch to ON.
- The red spray button releases the detergent and will need to be held down while walking steadily backwards.
- Two steps before the end of the room release the red button to avoid wet patches but continue to the end with the vacuum.
- When lining up the machine for the next run, overlap slightly and continue until your carpet has all been covered.
- Once solution stops flowing through the clear dome into the white tank it is time to refill as in steps 2-4
Using the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner to Clean Upholstery
The Rug Doctor is not just a carpet cleaner, it can also be used to clean your upholstery restoring your fabrics to an almost new state. You should always test for colourfastness before using this upholstery cleaner. This can be done simply by using the machine on a part of the fabric not on display to ensure the dye does not come out into the machine. There is a separate hand tool kit which is suitable for cleaning fabric furnishings, stairways and vehicles.
Using the hand tool kit
- Release the clear braided hose on the back of the machine by pulling down on the brass quick release connector, while this is down insert the hand tool’s clear hose.
- Pull out the grey hose also on the back of the machine and push in the hand tool’s grey hose.
- Set white switch to “Hand Tool” mode.
- Pour 250ml of detergent directly into the red base and top up with hand hot water to half way up the filter screen.
- Set vacuum switch to ON. Squeeze the red hand grip to release cleaning solution onto fabric.
Carpet Cleaning Spray Detergents
Rug Doctor also have a range of spray detergents which are suitable for use alone or as a pre-treatment to machine cleaning. Simply spray these detergents onto your carpet or upholstery and lightly scrub the affected area. Blot with a paper towel and rinse with water.
Check out this video from Rug Doctor which shows you more..
These remove some of the most common stains such as:
- Fruit juice/Berries
- Make up
Oxy Power Stain Remover
A Which? Best Buy carpet stain remover.
Removes 36 out of 42 of the most common stains.
Can be used on dried in stains or as a pre-treatment to machine cleaning.
500ml trigger bottle
Spot and Stain Remover
A Which? Best Buy carpet stain remover.
Removes 33 out of 42 of the most common stains.
Specially formulated for spots and stains but can also be used as a pre-treatment.
500ml trigger bottle.