An easy hearty vegetarian soup that will warm you up during the cold winter evenings.
- 2 Onions Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Parsnips Chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, Diced
- 1 Tbsp ground Cumin
- 100G Plain Greek Yogurt
- 400ml Milk
- 80g Dried green lentils
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Small Pinch of Coriander Leave, Chopped
- Heat the Olive Oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and fry for 5-7 min until softened. Stir in the remaining vegetables and cook for another 5-7 min, adding the cumin, chilli for the final 3 min.
- Pour into the pan the lentils and vegetable stock. Bring the vegetables to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20min. The vegetables will be ready when they have turned tender and the lentils should be soft.
- Using a hand blender, blitz together all of the ingredients until smooth. Slowly add in the milk and continue to season.
- Pour into bowls to serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of coriander.