Bath/ Shower Mixer: Having a bath shower mixer in your existing bath is very popular as you don’t need to take up any more room than is already being used. It is usually enclosed with either a bath screen or curtain.
Shower Enclosure: Another option is a separate shower enclosure, usually made from toughened safety glass. You can choose between hinged, pivot, bi-fold and sliding doors to suit the design and space of your bathroom, and there is always the option of a frameless door for a minimal contemporary look.
Depending on the shape and size of your bathroom you can choose from corner showers which have a curved front, alcove, which backs against two walls, recessed, which sits inside a three wall alcove, a flat wall which only touches one wall and of course the luxury walk- shower.
Trays: Unless you have a walk-in shower you will need a shower tray. There are multiple choices available in different materials, for example, super strong, acrylic or cast stone in a wide range of sizes. Leg packs can be purchased to raise the tray for more difficult installations. Gardiner Haskins has a vast choice to suit your needs.
- Fixed shower heads are attached to the wall by a shower arm and cannot be moved, or the height adjusted.
- Flexible showerheads have hoses and are attached to a bar, so you can adjust the height and position.
- A ‘Rain’ showerhead is simply an oversized shower head that simulates the effect of standing in a downpour. You can get these in a square or circular design.
- Multi-function showerheads allow you to choose and vary the type of spray you want, from soft and gentle to powerful and more concentrated.
Finish: If you want something different and more modern than a chrome or brass shower have a look in our showroom for the Matte Black shower heads to transform your bathroom.
- Manual Bath/ Shower mixers and handheld shower sets are controlled by diverters that direct the water to the main tap or shower.
- A Dual Control Thermostatic Valve allows you to pre-set and maintain the temperature, and vary the water flow.