125g unsalted butter softened
250g chunky peanut butter
125g golden caster sugar
175g light soft brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk
300g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1-2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
250g dark chocolate chips
1. Oven on to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment.
2. Butter, peanut butter and sugars in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat until well combined.
3. Egg and milk in a mug and beat with a fork until combined. Tip into butter mixture and beat till combined.
4. Flour, bicarb, baking powder, salt and crushed fennel seeds in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
5. Tip flour mixture into the butter mixture and gently mix until combined. Add choc chips and mix until just combined.
6. Break off a brussel sprout size piece of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on parchment and press down to flatten.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until they are just hardening. Put on a cooling rack.
The dough will last in the fridge for a week and the freezer for 2 months.