How Paint Mixing and Colour Match Service Works:
- Step 1: Pick the colour you want: With over 12,000 colour choices, we have something for everyone - we have brochures, colour charts and even a colour wall to choose from. Alternatively, you can bring in a sample of your desired colour for us to match (Dulux paint only)*
- Step 2: Pick the function you want: What do you want your paint to do for you? Where will it go? Will it need to be water resistant? What job will it be doing? If you need paint for a statement wall, water resistant bathroom paint or a colour to make a room look lighter or larger we have something for every function.
- Step 3: Add your finishing touches. With a range of coatings from silk to matt you can choose the preferred finish for your colour for a completely individual pot of paint.
- Step 4: Mix Once you’ve chosen your colour, finish and functionality we will mix your paint in front of you, ready for you to take home and get decorating.
Dulux Colour Match Paint Mixing Service:
Our Dulux Paint Machine offers a colour matching service if you want to match your colour to a favourite item, piece of upholstery or curtains. To scan the item the optimum sample would be a physical item at least 1 inch x 1 inch of a block colour (not patterned). You can then choose the finish and type of paint as usual.
Types of Paint:
The type of paint you require depends on what you’re painting and where. Is it an indoor wall? In which room? Is it an exterior fence, gate or shed, A smooth or rough surface? Will it need to be water resistant? These are all questions you need to ask yourself before deciding on a paint type. Some of the most popular paint types and finishes on offer include:
- Matt Emulsion: Gives a matt, non-shiny finish that is good for concealing small imperfections on a wall or ceiling as opposed to more shiny finishes which reflect light and highlight imperfections. Matt emulsion however, is not as well wearing as glossier versions.
- Soft Sheen Emulsion: Gives a subtle, soft sheen finish and creates a more durable surface than vinyl matt. It is suitable for areas that may need to be occasionally lightly washed or sponged so is more suited to lower traffic rooms.
- Silk Emulsion: Gives a high sheen finish and is the most durable and easy cleaning type of all emulsion paint. However, it will more easily reveal imperfections in the surface area.
- Kitchen & Bathroom Emulsion: Available in matt or soft sheen finishes, these paints are extremely durable and are designed for high moisture/grease areas.
- Interior Gloss: Whilst needing an undercoat, Liquid Gloss gives a more traditional high gloss finish whilst being extremely hard wearing and dirt resistant.
- Satinwood: A durable, mid -sheen paint that provides a subtler sheen than conventional shiny gloss paint yet not quite as hard wearing.
- Eggshell: Used on interior wood, Eggshell paint gives a flat, yet not completely matt finish.
- Exterior Paint: Suitable for wood, masonry and metal on the exterior of your home or in your garden.
Our website is designed as a digital shop window. This gives you a snapshot of what we stock in store but is not designed to replace the in-store experience. If you would like to check information on our website or stock levels of a certain product you can fill in an enquiry form or call the Cirencester Store on 01285 626442.