Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all use of this website. By accessing this website and/or placing an order for goods or services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms refer to internet/telephone sales – showroom sales have a slightly different set of terms and conditions which are given at the time of the order.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please email our customer services department. Please resolve any questions before using or ordering from this website.
Privacy Promise – Your Personal Data
- We take data very seriously, so if you’ve trusted us with your personal information we promise to treat it respectfully and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We promise to only use your personal information (provided by you at the point of purchase) to process your payment, arrange delivery of your goods and to inform you about similar products and promotions (but only if you opt in to receive these updates)
- We promise to not share your personal information with any third party
This Summary Includes:
- the types of information we collect about our customers
- how we collect and use it
- who we might share it with
- the steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure
- customer rights to their information
Who ‘We’ Are:
When we say ‘we’, we mean Gardiner Sons and Co Ltd who is the ‘data controller’ for the information in this overview. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use customer information.
The Information We Collect:
We collect information about our customers from different places, including:
- directly from the customers (e.g. when they place on order online or in store)
- when we generate it ourselves (e.g. order information)
- from other organisations (e.g. credit checks with the customer’s permission)
We do not collect information about our customers from the following places:
- buying lists or data from third parties
We’ll only collect customer information in line with relevant regulations and law and this may relate to any of our products or services they apply for, currently hold or have held in the past. The customer is responsible for making sure they give us accurate and up to date information
How We Use That Information:
We will use this information to provide any products or services that they customer has requested, for example:
- to confirm their identity and address
- to carry out customer instructions (e.g. to deliver items to their address)
- to improve our products and services
- to understand how the customer uses our products and services
- to offer customers other products and services that may benefit them, as long as they provide consent
We’ll only use customer information where we’re allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with the customer, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where the customer agrees to it. We may use automated systems to help us make credit decisions.
Definition terms used within these terms and conditions
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions; “Product” means a product displayed for sale on the Website; “Product Description” means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided; “Special Conditions” means the terms and conditions in the Product Description; “Users” means the users of the Website collectively; “Personal Information” means the details provided by you on registration; “We/us” means Gardiner Haskins; “Website” means the website located at www.gardinerhaskins.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; “Cookies” means small text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer; “United Kingdom” means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and “You” means a user of this Website. “Data Subjects” refers to anyone providing personal data (e.g customers using the website) “Data Controllers” means the people/organisation recieving, storing and controlling data (e.g Gardiner Haskins Homecentre)
You warrant that:
• The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects;
• You will notify us of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting our customer service department.
• You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
• Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website;
• Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- Data Subject Rights: Data Subjects are able to request access to details of their personal data storage and usage. We are obliged to provide this free of charge within 30 days. For access request please email email@example.com
- The Right to be forgotten: Data Subjects can request to have all information held by controllers deleted and removed. For request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links
To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion.
See our returns page for full details.